SALT has moved to the New Emmanuel Community Centre
We have moved some of our services to the new church building located opposite our existing resource centre on Langworthy Road. All our resource centre services are now provided from the Emmanuel Community Centre where we have more space and better facilities to meet local people’s needs There will not be any change in the way SALT delivers its services and supports the local people.
As well as SALT managing the reception for the community centre, we will continue providing the following services from our new home; advice and guidance support, resource centre services, and hosting the monthly police and anti social behaviour surgeries. We will also continue to provide some of our services from our existing premises on 191 Langworthy Road including Social Research and Development, training and providing meeting space for residents associations and community groups. Please contact our resource centre on 0161-737-9918 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to find out more about the church development and our move.
The Trust provides an accessible and informal first point of contact for local people. Our staff is very friendly and approachable and most of them are local residents. Our resource centre has been instrumental in the successful implementation of the regeneration initiatives and schemes in our area as it is located at the centre of the regeneration area and heavily used by the local community. Please visit our home page for more information on the Seedley and Langworthy Trust.
The Resource Centre offers a number of services including:
- General information, advice and guidance on a number of issues.
- A point of local information.
- Meeting space (hired out to local community groups).
- An interface with local / government agencies (on average we deal with over 150 queries per month, ranging from complaints about refuse being dumped through to problems with the highways. We also liaise with colleagues in many services to resolve a wide range of problems, from housing to environmental issues).
- Specialist surgeries for local people (by the police, the landlord licensing team, the Emmanuel Church group, etc. These surgeries offer a regular drop in advice service for local residents – notice will be given in advance of such events).
- Telephone access.
- Community internet access computer.
- Photocopying and faxing service (small charges made).
- Information on meetings, projects and events going on in the area.
- Information on recycling.
- Access to the diverse staff team.
- Volunteering opportunities.
Our resource centre at the New Emmanuel Centre is open five days of a week, from 9am to 5pm during the week days. Please feel free to call our resource centre on 0161 737 9918 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. Alternatively you can use our website enquiry form should you require to communicate with us.
Our Resource Centre staff, Adele and Sam would be delighted to help you with your enquiry.
Adele Wakefiled on the left
Sam Oliver is on the right